Custom Blinds, Shades, & Shutters for Temperature Control
Specific Solutions to Preserve the Temperature in Your Home
Choosing the right window treatments for your space is an important process and can feel a little complicated at times. The perfect window treatment is a blend of many virtues including color, style, function, and temperature impact in the room.
Custom blinds, shades, and shutters that provide temperature control during extreme weather help you enjoy your living spaces while protecting you from harsh external conditions. Temperature controlling window coverings help keep your environment comfortable while saving on energy costs over time. In fact, Energy.gov says that approximately 30% of your home’s heating energy is lost through windows.
Benefits of Temperature Controlled Product
Blackout blinds provide the most privacy. These window treatments black out all light and can come in various materials and colors, including aluminum and faux wood options. Vertical blinds are another cost-effective, privacy solution for covering large windows like sliding glass windows.
Due to their vertical hanging slats, vertical blinds are least likely to gather dust when compared to other custom blinds. If vertical blinds aren’t your style, faux wood blinds are a stylish, easy-to-clean option. Click here to learn more about how to clean faux wood blinds.
Cordless and motorized blinds are the safest option if your home has children. We suggest removing all corded window treatments from your child’s play area and nursery. If you cannot install new window treatments, check out our blog for tips on how to child proof your living space’s window treatments.
Yes! We offer offer a selection of honeycomb blinds (also known as cellular shades). These multiple layered coverings are a popular choice for their ability to trap drafts of air and add insulation to windows. They offer a lot of options for customization as well.
Blind installation services make the process of getting new window treatments much simpler. Our professionals will precisely measure your windows and ensure your blinds are made to the appropriate width and height. Our blind installers will supply their own tools such as a steel tape measure, screwdrivers, an electric drill, and a ladder, so you won’t need to buy any of these for a one-off home improvement project.
The products that can help you control the temperature in your space include:
- Cellular shades – Cellular shades are ideal for rooms that get excessive amounts of sunlight to create adequate separation between the window and your space. This practical product is constructed from various layers of material and creates honeycomb-shaped pockets used to control the temperature in your home better.
- Roller shades – Sunscreens or roller shades come in various colors, materials, and orientations to make it easy to block out sunlight and create a temperature-controlled space.
- Shutters– Whether you need wood shutters, vinyl shutters, or plantation shutters, you can’t go wrong with these window treatments. Believe it or not, shutters are great for insulation purposes, and natural wood shutters even inhibit heat and cold transmission.
- Draperies – Thermal insulated curtains and drapery are designed to specifically create a buffer. Not only do you get a decorative layer, but these window solutions come with a foam core and a non-breathable layer that protects against condensation. This makes them perfect for blocking drafts during colder months and keeping the heat out in the summer. Plus, drapes offer even more insulation when paired with other window treatments.
- Blinds– When you’re thinking of products that offer temperature control, blinds may not be at the top of your list. However, this lightweight window covering packs a mature punch for insulating rooms. The key is to keep the slats closed to benefit from the insulation feature. Additionally, blinds made of reflective aluminum can block out UV rays and keep your space cooler.
Our team of window covering experts enjoy helping you create a functional and stylish room with our comprehensive inventory. We have various blinds, shades, shutters, and drapery that can solve multiple problems with energy efficiency, light control, and so much more.
Use Convenient Resources to Help You See Your Vision
As window treatment professionals, we pride ourselves on providing guidance that helps your vision come to life. Before our initial meeting, you can use our window visualizer for more inspiration. This powerful tool can help you see your favorite window solutions in your home—virtually! Regardless of the products you choose, we’ll be there to help you make the final decision and schedule installation for a full-service experience.
Schedule an Estimate
Schedule a free estimate with our team of professionals!Learn More
Work with our experts to find the best product solutions for your specific needs.Learn More
Schedule the time and date for our team to come in and install your new products!Learn More
Ready to Install
Our installation team comes to your home to install your chosen products.Learn More
Request A Free
In-Home Estimate Today
Your first step to getting the blinds, shades, or shutters you’re looking for is to call us and ask for a free estimate! When you call your local Bloomin’ Blinds, a member of our team will meet with you at your home, to show you the both digital and physical samples for your windows. During your free consultation, you can tell us more about what you’re looking for, from materials to functionality options. Using our cloud-based software, we’ll measure your windows and provide a pricing estimate on the spot while still at your home.Schedule A Free Estimate
Window treatments installed based on the solutions that fit your needs