Faux Wood Blinds
Custom Faux Wood Blinds at Affordable Prices
Looking for new window treatments at a reasonable price? Turn to Bloomin’ Blinds. We offer faux wood window blinds with the beauty of genuine wood blinds that have the durability of vinyl, all at an unbeatable price. This affordable window treatment choice comes in a variety of hues and they can be motorized.
Schedule a FREE in-home quote today. Ask our window treatment installers about our limited lifetime warranties on faux wood blinds!
The Benefits of Faux Wooden Blinds
Our customers choose faux wood blinds because of the following benefits:
Why Should I Get Faux Wood Blinds?
- Perfect in High Humidity Rooms - Faux wood blinds are a window treatment that is suited for almost any room, and especially in higher-humidity rooms like the kitchen or bathroom. While they look like the real thing, they resist moisture, unlike natural wood. This means they can never warp or chip.
- Classic Look at an Affordable Price - These popular window treatments give windows a clean, classic look, and are much more sophisticated than the traditional aluminum blinds.
- Pet Friendly & Kid Safe - Our customers absolutely love this product—especially customers with kids and pets! Wooden faux blinds are often a great choice for families with young kids. If you’re looking for a product that will take a soccer ball at 40 mph and still look like new blinds for 15 years, it is wood faux blinds you want.
- Ideal for Small to Medium Size Windows - The only challenge with this product is that they are not always ideal for larger windows. You may want to opt for wood blinds for larger windows, as they are generally lighter weight.
- Motorization Options - If you want maximum convenience, upgrade your choice of faux wood blinds to electric blinds. They can be hooked up to a remote or to an app on your phone. Some options allow you to change the settings for different times of day and can even allow you to control them when you are not at home.
What Are Faux Wood Blinds Made Of?
Typically, faux wood blinds are made of composite wood material or PVC/vinyl materials. The PVC material used in wooden faux blinds is the same material that makes PVC pipes, and they have UV light inhibitors and other additives to make them much longer-lasting. Although they are imitation wood, your faux wood blinds will look just like real wood, and even scrutinizing eyes won’t be able to tell the difference!
Are Faux Wood Blinds Energy-Efficient?
The installation of proper faux wood blinds can help you cut down on your energy consumption significantly, evidenced by recent research. The U.S. Department of Energy has reported that energy-efficient window treatments can cost your utility costs by up to 40% over one year, although some are better choices than others. The window treatments they recommend are cellular shades, which traps air in tiny “cells,” also called honeycombs, when they are pulled down.
Ideas for Faux Wood Blinds in Your Home
Warm Wood Color Blinds
Warm wood colors can bring in a rustic and vibrant feeling to a room. These are perfect for a cabin-like and cozy aesthetic. Warm woods can make a room feel bright and comfortable, perfect for a domestic property.
Dark and Black Faux Wood Blinds
If your space has a lot of light and white colors, you can balance them out with dark faux wood blinds. The wood texture and appearance can be perfect for balancing a more "modern" aesthetic to make it more homely, and the dark color looks classic and sleek when paired with bright colors.
If you want to block as much light as possible, check out other room darkening options.
Gray Faux Wood Blinds
Gray colored blinds from faux wood are perfect for a rustic or industrial aesthetic. The cool tone of the color gray can tie beautifully with both bright and dark colors. Gray faux wood is also great for highlighting texture in surrounding décor, such as other woods, metals, and bricks.
White Faux Wood Blinds
White faux wood blinds are a very popular choice because of how clean and open they can make a room appear. White is a great choice for smaller rooms, since they can make the room feel bigger. They are also a great, classic choice that can match almost any type of décor aesthetic. Unlike regular white blinds, faux blinds can give a room an elevated boost.
Are There Any Disadvantages to Wooden Faux Blinds?
Faux blinds offer a huge number of advantages. But some people are still drawn towards wood blinds instead. Here are a few reasons why.
- Wood blinds tend to have a longer lifespan.
- Some people prefer the beauty of natural wood.
- Wood is easier to repaint.
- Real wood is more resilient to heat and sunlight over long periods.
Keeping all those in mind, it's important to point out that blinds made from faux wood still have plenty of advantages over wood blinds. One of the best reasons to choose them over natural wood is their resilience to moisture and humidity. Faux wooden blinds are also easier to clean, and of course, they are much more affordable.
Do Faux Wood Blinds Get Dusty?
Faux wood blinds do tend to collect dust. In fact, all horizontal venetian blinds are prone to dust no matter what material they are made out of. But the good news is that faux wood blinds are easy to clean.
Schedule an Estimate
Schedule a free estimate with our team of professionals!Learn More
Work with our experts to find the best product solutions for your specific needs.Learn More
Schedule the time and date for our team to come in and install your new products!Learn More
Ready to Install
Our installation team comes to your home to install your chosen products.Learn More
Request A Free
In-Home Estimate Today
Your first step to getting the blinds, shades, or shutters you’re looking for is to call us and ask for a free estimate! When you call your local Bloomin’ Blinds, a membe
r of our team will meet with you at your home, to show you the both digital and physical samples for your windows. During your free consultation, you can tell us more about what you’re looking for, from materials to functionality options. Using our cloud-based software, we’ll measure your windows and provide a pricing estimate on the spot while still at your home.
Window treatments installed based on the solutions that fit your needs