Custom Mini Blind Installation
Lightweight, Versatile Vinyl & Aluminum Blinds
When you think of blinds for your home, chances are you’re picturing mini blinds. Since the 1950s, these durable and cost-effective blinds have been a popular choice in homes, offices, apartment buildings, schools, and more. Though white aluminum mini blinds are often the standard in new homes, mini blinds are also manufactured in vinyl, as well as a number of colors and finishes to coordinate with any décor. Our experts at Bloomin' Blinds can help you determine if mini blinds are the right choice for your windows and can offer customization options to meet the needs of your budget and style preferences.
The Benefits of Mini Blinds
Our customers choose mini blinds because of the following benefits:
What Are Mini Blinds?
Mini blinds get their name from the size of their slats: usually about 1 inch wide, compared to 1-3 inches for standard blinds. Aside from smaller slats, mini blinds are generally more durable and lightweight than standard blinds, thanks to their aluminum or vinyl construction. In fact, mini blinds are sometimes referred to as aluminum blinds, the material they’re most often associated with, but vinyl mini blinds can offer a number of textures and finishes not achievable with aluminum.
When choosing between aluminum and vinyl mini blinds, you may want to consider:
- Durability – Aluminum is stronger than vinyl and doesn’t break as easily, but aluminum is easier to dent or crease.
- Maintenance – Vinyl is easier to clean than aluminum. However, aluminum is easier to repair, whereas broken vinyl blinds generally need to be replaced.
- Cost – While mini blinds are very cost-effective window treatments in general, aluminum is the more expensive material of the two. On the other hand, textured or specialty-finish vinyl can cost more than basic aluminum.
- Customization – Both aluminum and vinyl mini blinds come in a range of slat widths, as thin as ¼ inch. Aluminum is offered in a variety of colors; however, vinyl provides more choices for finishes, including faux wood.
- Energy efficiency – Aluminum deflects the sun’s rays to keep out heat, providing more insulating properties than vinyl, which tends to absorb heat from the sun and heat up the room.
Where Do Mini Blinds Work Best?
Because of their versatile, durable nature, mini blinds are appropriate for many windows in your home or office. The lightweight material and thin slats make them especially ideal for windows in doors, narrow windows, and smaller areas. While mini blinds can be customized to fit virtually any size window, keep in mind that bigger windows may be overwhelmed by the number of thin slats, so wider-slatted blinds, or even shades or shutters, may be a better choice. Full-length windows, such as sliding glass doors, are also better suited to vertical blinds or shades than mini blinds. When you call Bloomin' Blinds, our consultants can help you select the perfect coordinating window covering options for every room in your house.
Customize Your Blinds for the Perfect Fit
Sometimes mini blinds get a bad rap, thanks to the widespread use of boring builder-grade aluminum mini blinds in apartment buildings and starter homes. However, mini blinds can offer an appealing combination of function, ease, and affordability—with plenty of style thrown in.
Schedule an Estimate
Schedule a free estimate with our team of professionals!Learn More
Work with our experts to find the best product solutions for your specific needs.Learn More
Schedule the time and date for our team to come in and install your new products!Learn More
Ready to Install
Our installation team comes to your home to install your chosen products.Learn More
Request A Free
In-Home Estimate Today
Your first step to getting the blinds, shades, or shutters you’re looking for is to call us and ask for a free estimate! When you call your local Bloomin’ Blinds, a member of our team will meet with you at your home, to show you the both digital and physical samples for your windows. During your free consultation, you can tell us more about what you’re looking for, from materials to functionality options. Using our cloud-based software, we’ll measure your windows and provide a pricing estimate on the spot while still at your home.
Window treatments installed based on the solutions that fit your needs