Light-Diffusing Window Coverings
Adding Charm & Function to Your Home
Are you looking for window coverings that add charm and sophistication and help you control how much light is present in your space? Don’t get us wrong, everyone needs vitamin D, but nobody wants a room that feel like a spotlight is shining into it. A simple and cost-effective solution is having light-diffusing window treatments installed in your home. You get the elegance and custom options you’ve always envisioned and a way to control the level of sunlight throughout your property.
Our team of experts at Bloomin' Blinds can help you find the solutions to diffuse light in your space and cast a luminescent glow that creates a romantic and warm atmosphere. What you’ll find with our products are various options that make finding the perfect shades, shutters, and drapers for your needs simple.
Benefits of Light Diffusing Products
Blackout blinds provide the most privacy. These window treatments black out all light and can come in various materials and colors, including aluminum and faux wood options. Vertical blinds are another cost-effective, privacy solution for covering large windows like sliding glass windows.
Due to their vertical hanging slats, vertical blinds are least likely to gather dust when compared to other custom blinds. If vertical blinds aren’t your style, faux wood blinds are a stylish, easy-to-clean option. Click here to learn more about how to clean faux wood blinds.
Cordless and motorized blinds are the safest option if your home has children. We suggest removing all corded window treatments from your child’s play area and nursery. If you cannot install new window treatments, check out our blog for tips on how to child proof your living space’s window treatments.
Yes! We offer offer a selection of honeycomb blinds (also known as cellular shades). These multiple layered coverings are a popular choice for their ability to trap drafts of air and add insulation to windows. They offer a lot of options for customization as well.
Blind installation services make the process of getting new window treatments much simpler. Our professionals will precisely measure your windows and ensure your blinds are made to the appropriate width and height. Our blind installers will supply their own tools such as a steel tape measure, screwdrivers, an electric drill, and a ladder, so you won’t need to buy any of these for a one-off home improvement project.
The light-diffusing solutions we carry include:
- Cellular shades – Various materials and yes can affect how the light “feels” in your room, there are so many options to play with to get the right look. When utilizing cellular shades, you will get fantastic insulation and the light control you need. Plus, you can include motorization for added convenience.
- Roller shades – Known for their simplicity, style, and variety in function, roller shades are offered with a wide variety of light filtering materials and can be completely customized to suit your décor. But the best part is you can control the light and add refinement to your space.
- Blinds – Whether you’re looking for wood, faux wood, motorization, and a kid-safe and pet-friendly option for your home, blinds are ideal. Blinds are great at diffusing light in a room as they have slats that rotate open and closed. Rotating slats allow for directional changes in the light, allowing it to come in but not directly at you.
- Shutters– Shutters possess rotation louvers that allow you to direct the light in any angle that you desire. Widely considered the “crème de la crème” of window coverings, shutters offer beauty, style, and wonderful control of the light coming into the room
- Roman shades – To add a luxurious feel to your living room, bathroom, kitchen, and virtually any other space in your home, roman shades have a cascading panel of fabric that innately controls the light.
- Draperies – Depending on the opacity and material, you can customize your drapes to block out light or cast a warm and inviting glow in the room for that added wow factor.
- Bamboo/grass shades – Woven wooden shades or bamboo/grass shades are the perfect window covering companion for light diffusion. You can choose a material that lets a lot of light in or add a liner that also helps keep it file://shop-our-products/shades/bamboo-grass-shades/out.
- Panel track shades – With panel track shades, you get a woven sheet of fabric that’s perfect for minimalist, modern, traditional, or virtually any other aesthetic you can think of. And customizing the color and opacity can give you different levels of light control.
- Sheer horizontal shades – The word “sheer” might not sound like the best way to reduce light in your room. However, these window coverings actually allow you to diffuse light and still have an unobstructed view of the outside.
The Benefits of Light Diffusing Options
We have a wide selection of window treatments that help you control light and come with built-in benefits that won’t break the bank.
Some of these benefits include:
- Insulation – Most, if not all, of our light-diffusing products can provide more insulation for your room. This can result in an energy-efficient space that helps you lower monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Sleek designs – Regardless of the treatments you choose, you’ll get a sleek design that perfectly fits your décor elements. And if you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, customization is available for virtually all of our window coverings.
- Smart features – You can control your blinds or shades with the help of an app or a sun sensor option. These safe and convenient solutions make life so much easier for you and your entire family. Don’t forget the solar-charging add-on for your rechargeable batteries!
To find more information about our light control inventory, find your local Bloomin' Blinds location!
Schedule an Estimate
Schedule a free estimate with our team of professionals!Learn More
Work with our experts to find the best product solutions for your specific needs.Learn More
Schedule the time and date for our team to come in and install your new products!Learn More
Ready to Install
Our installation team comes to your home to install your chosen products.Learn More
Request A Free
In-Home Estimate Today
Your first step to getting the blinds, shades, or shutters you’re looking for is to call us and ask for a free estimate! When you call your local Bloomin’ Blinds, a member of our team will meet with you at your home, to show you the both digital and physical samples for your windows. During your free consultation, you can tell us more about what you’re looking for, from materials to functionality options. Using our cloud-based software, we’ll measure your windows and provide a pricing estimate on the spot while still at your home.
Window treatments installed based on the solutions that fit your needs