Cellular Window Shades
Order Custom-Built Shades...FAST!At Bloomin’ Blinds, we believe everyone deserves beautiful window treatments that make a statement. Our goal is to help you find the shades you want to meet your goals and budget. One of our most popular window treatments is cellular shades, which are beautiful, energy-efficient, and versatile.
What Are Cellular Shades?
Also called honeycomb shades, cellular shades are best-known for their energy-efficiency and a wide range of customizable options. These shades get their name from their hexagonal, honeycomb shape when viewed from the side. They help keep the room temperature stable by trapping air between the window and the room, which acts as a buffer against heat loss in winter and heat gain during the summertime.Cellular window shades are made of one continuous piece of fabric, and they either roll or fold up along crisp pleats.The Benefits of Cellular Shades
Our customers choose cellular shades because of the following benefits:
- Energy efficiency: You can save on energy costs when you don’t have to adjust your thermostat as often! These insulating shades help keep room temperatures stable. Cellular shades can even reduce heat loss by as much as 25%. Double cell shades provide maximum insulation versus single shades.
- Versatility: You have nearly endless options for the form and function of your cellular shades to achieve the look you want. You can make choices regarding color, texture, pleat size, and lift options (cordless, top down-bottom-up, and motorized remote control lifts).
- Light control: Cellular shades can be made of see-through, translucent fabric to let the light in, or solid blackout material that hides almost all natural light.
- Compact and sleek design: The shades virtually disappear when raised, because they compress tightly so that you can look out an unobstructed window.
The Difference Between Pleated Versus Honeycomb Shades
Pleated shades and honeycomb shades are similar, so the terms are often used interchangeably. While they are similar, there are distinct benefits of cellular shades over pleated shades. The main difference is that pleated shades do not provide the same insulation as a honeycomb shade because pleated shades are only one layer of material. Both cellular shades and pleated shades look the same from a front view, but from the side you’ll see a pleated shade is only one layer of material and no honeycomb shape of the shades. Because there is no honeycomb shape, they do not provide very good insulation by comparison. Pleated shades are not as energy-efficient, they don’t provide as much light control, nor privacy control.
Popular Cellular Shades We Sell at Bloomin’ Blinds
- Top-down/bottom-up: If you want to see through the top of your windows and retaining your privacy at the bottom, top-down shades may be the right choice for you.On the flipside, there are bottom-up shades. With either option, just lift or lower the top or bottom portion of the blinds to position them in a variety of ways.
- Cordless: Do you love the look of cellular shades, but think the lift cord is an eyesore? Fortunately, there are cordless options with no dangling string that may suit you better. They offer a tidier appearance that’s safe around children and pets. You may want to add a motorized option for effortless control.
- Motorized: Window coverings can be “smart,” easy, and convenient, especially when they are motorized. As the name suggests, these shades raise and lower by a motor, meaning you don’t have to worry about lift cords or even cordless lifting or lowering.
Limited Lifetime Warranties on Cellular Shades from Bloomin’ Blinds
Ask about our limited lifetime warranties, which cover a variety of issues you may encounter, including warping, manufacturer defects, discoloration, and installation issues.
Request a FREE In-Home Estimate Today!Your first step to getting the blinds, shades, or shutters you’re looking for is to call us and ask for a free estimate! When you call your local Bloomin’ Blinds, a member of our team will meet with you at your home, to show you both digital and physical samples for your windows. During your free consultation, you can tell us more about what you’re looking for, from materials to functionality options. Using our cloud-based software, we’ll measure your windows and provide a pricing estimate on the spot while still at your home.
Read our customer reviews to learn more about how we can transform your space!
Schedule a FREE in-home estimate with Bloomin’ Blinds by contacting us today. We'll review digital and physical samples right at your home and provide pricing information on the spot! Find your location here