Shutters in Keller, TX
Beautify Your Home with Custom, Professionally Installed Shutters
When it comes to window coverings, few are as timeless as shutters. At Bloomin' Blinds of Keller/Southlake, we specialize in custom plantation shutters, wood shutters, and composite shutters. With a wide range of customization options, you are sure to find what you are looking for. We custom fit your shutters, ensuring that they are installed seamlessly and beautifully. If you are looking for window coverings that are classic and will last for years, call our Keller shutter installation experts today.
The Benefits of Installing Shutters on Your Home
Did you know that shutters are one of the most sought-after window treatments that potential homebuyers are looking for? In addition to improving the curb appeal of your home, shutters offer a range of benefits beyond aesthetics.
Some of the benefits of installing shutters on your home include:
- Excellent light control – with adjustable louvers, you have total control over the light levels in your home, including amazing light blocking when fully closed.
- Improves energy efficiency – because of how shutters are designed, they fit snugly in your window frame, improving your insulation and supporting your home’s energy efficiency.
- Long-lasting – because of their durability, shutters will continue to look beautiful for decades.
- Privacy – louvers can be angled to block people from seeing in without sacrificing light.
Additionally, Bloomin' Blinds of Keller/Southlake offers limited lifetime warranties on all of our shutters. Warranties cover a wide range of issues, including manufacturer defects, discoloration, and warping. They even cover installation issues. When you hire us to help you design and install your custom shutters, you can rest assured you will be taken care of.
Choosing the Right Shutters for Your Needs
Shutters come in a range of materials, including wood and composite. While wood shutters tend to be more expensive than factory-made composite shutters, they offer a warm, charming look to your home. Meanwhile, composite shutters are much heavier than wood shutters, making them more difficult to maneuver. Yet, composite shutters are less prone to cracking and warping in high humidity.
When selecting the style and material for your shutters, you should consider:
- Where in your home the shutters will be installed
- Whether you want interior or exterior shutters
- What type of sun exposure the shutters will be subject to
- The weather in your area and what the shutters will be exposed to
- How much moisture or humidity you are dealing with
- Your material preferences
- Your budget
When selecting your custom shutters, our plantation shutter installation experts in Keller will also discuss your style preferences with you. Do you prefer larger or smaller louvers? How much light do you want to let in? Do you want classic white shutters, or do you prefer something more colorful and modern?
Plantation shutters are distinctive in that they tend to have wider louvers, offering a less obstructed view when open. While associated with old-world charm, plantation shutters have become increasingly popular in more modern settings and come in wood, composite, and vinyl materials.
Shutters Can Improve the Energy Efficiency of Your Home
While many people are initially drawn to the stylish look of shutters, they are often surprised to learn that shutters can significantly impact the energy efficiency of your home. In fact, in hot climates like ours here in Texas, shutters can help reduce radiant heat from entering your home up to 50%. This reduction not only makes your home more comfortable but can help you save on cooling costs. With shutters, you don’t have to sacrifice beauty for improved function.