You can push a button and have your dishes washed. You can push a button and have your clothes washed. You can even push a button to get in and out of your house. Isn’t it time you pushed a button to open and close your window treatments?
Integrating Motorized Window Treatments with Your Existing Technology
- Rechargeable batteries: Rather than using standard AA batteries, we suggest using rechargeable battery packs, capable of raising and lowering your shades 400 times before needing a new charge. We also include a micro-USB charging cable for easy charging. On average, batteries take 4 hours to recharge.
- Solar panels: By harvesting the power of natural sunlight, solar panels continually recharge your window’s batteries, virtually eliminating the need to recharge them through a micro-USB cable.
- Sun sensors: Automatically protect your furniture and control the amount of natural light you allow in by installing sun sensors. These handy gadgets will automatically adjust your shades depending on the amount of sunlight your home is receiving.
- Temperature sensors: Similar to sun sensors, temperature sensors will automatically raise your shades when the temperature in your home starts to dip and lower them when the temperature rises.
- Phone apps: Now, controlling your window treatments is as easy as sending a text message. Through smart home apps, it’s possible to instantly raise and lower your shades, or program them to move at specific times of the day.
- Alexa & Google Home: Phone on the other side of the room? If you have Alexa or Google Home, you can control your window treatments with just the sound of your voice.
Pricing Out Motorized Treatments
We’re pleasantly surprised whenever we hear customers say, “Oh, that’s not as much as I thought it would be!”
With motorized treatments becoming more commonplace in homes, the cost to install them has decreased quite a bit over the years. And because motorized treatments better protect your furniture and flooring, are energy efficient, and last longer than traditional treatments, you may notice significant savings elsewhere in your home.
About the Author: Kelsey Stuart, Bloomin’ Blinds
Kelsey is the current CEO for Bloomin’ Blinds and has been an expert in the window covering industry since 2002. He is an expert in window treatment sales and marketing, and has sold over $2.5 million in window coverings in a year. Kelsey’s favorite hobby is traveling and tries to take week-long trips at least once every three months. He also enjoys anything involving mountains, pine needles, and hiking.